The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Audit Manager or Program Analysis Manager (Audit Evaluator Manager) position on the OA Network Processing team located in Denver, CO. The Network Processing Team conducts performance audits and reviews of Postal Service operations, mail processing, and delivery functional areas.Learn more about this agency
This position is being advertised at the Manager Band level, equivalent to GS-14. The salary range for this position is $114,454.00 - $148,794.00. The salary figures include locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
The employee supervises the activities of staff engaged in audit planning, research, and the engagement and reporting processes.
- Responsibilities include the day-to-day management of work; collaborating with peers and subordinates to assure effective advisory services; and otherwise ensuring continuous progress toward stated goals.
- Provides authoritative advisory service and/or develops authoritative policy interpretations in audit.
- Schedules projects and staff assignments to comply with the organization's needs. Reviews and approves the purpose, scope, and audit approach of each audit project.
- Directs audit projects to ensure that professional standards are maintained in the planning and execution phase and in the accumulation of evidentiary data.
- Counsels and guides subordinates to ensure that the approved audit objectives are met and that adequate practical coverage is achieved.
- Reviews and edits audit reports and, in conjunction with the auditor-in-charge for the assigned project, discusses the reports with appropriate management.
- Presents oral briefings to management. Provides for and performs research on audit techniques.
- Accumulates data, maintains records, and prepares status reports on the administration of audit projects and other assigned activities.
- Assists in evaluating overall audit results.
- Prepares various reports, correspondence, and briefings
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555210500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.