This announcement has been extended and will now close 1/16/2020.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a first line Tree Worker Supervisor, who plans, schedules and directs day-to-day work accomplishments of the tree maintenance program. Will share with, participate in, and make recommendations to the General Foreman in all areas pertinent to the direction and administration of all arboriculture functions undertaken by the National Mall & Memorial Parks.
- Supervises all phases of the tree maintenance activities including; planning, scheduling and directing the day-to-day tree maintenance program, the preparation of the budget operating program and other administrative functions.
- Works with and directs subordinates in the weekly and monthly planning and scheduling of all work activities in advance to insure a steady and productive work force, adjusting subordinate work groups and shifts to meet changing workloads.
- Tracks work/information using a facility management software system (FMSS), ensuring all labor hours, materials and tools are tracked to achieve best practices, assure effective and efficient operations, reliable financial reporting, compliance with NPS best business practices.
- Responsible for the health and safety of subordinates, frequently conducts safety meetings with subordinates to alert them of hazards which might be encountered and to instruct them on the safe operation of equipment.
- Possesses a good knowledge of arboricultural, horticulture, botany, plant physiology and have a general knowledge of plant pathology. Must have knowledge of life cycle and culture requirements of all plants dealt with. Responsible for determining and recommending the type of pruning or treatment needed to carry out the arboricultural program.
- Keeps time and attendance reports, equipment sheets and leave records, counsels and evaluates employees for performance ratings; grants leave, recommends disciplinary actions and evaluates employees for performance ratings.
- Reviews and analyzes production costs and personnel utilization records to evaluate progress or work, inspects work project operations during progress and reviews completed projects to assure the compliance with plans, specifications and instructions. Makes on the spot inspections to make sure that all instructions, procedures and deadlines have been met.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555166800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.