This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19Learn more about this agency
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide overall management, supervision and technical advice; relate user requirements to existing technology.
- Perform work involved in developing, refining and complying with telecommunications systems planning and policy direction including short and/or long-range planning.
- Develop planning documentation, review requests for communication services, prepare budgetary justifications, coordinate the allocation of resources, design networks/systems.
- Prepare/review equipment and facility specifications, monitor/resolve technical communications problems, and/or conduct operational acceptance tests.
- Review plans and specifications for adequate analysis and justification of requirements, realistic cost estimates, and implementation dates.
- Considering supporting requirements such as scheduling deliveries, availability of installation and test personnel, site preparation, and similar concerns.
- Test and implement systems. Prepare justification for new systems or improvements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555010700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.