VA Boston Healthcare System has a vacancy for a Caregiver Support Program (CSP) Manager. The position is located in **Brockton**, Massachusetts. (Not in Plymouth)Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Social Work Facility Manager, locally titled Caregiver Support Program (CSP) Manager, which provides a state-of-the-art continuum of services, education and resources to caregivers of Veterans with complex needs.
The incumbent oversees service delivery and coordination of care activities for family caregivers who provide personal care services to eligible Veterans regardless of period of service. The CSP includes the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC) and the Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS) at the VA Health Care System.
The medical care, mental health, and psychosocial needs of Veterans receiving Caregiver Support Program services are complex, with an increased burden upon their caregivers, requiring a high degree administrative and clinical oversight, advanced technical consultation, creative problem solving and personal mastery skills. The incumbent provides the full range of supervisory duties which would include responsibility for assignment of work to be performed; performance evaluations; selection of staff, training of staff, and recommendation of awards, advancements, and when appropriate, disciplinary action. The Social Worker Program Facility Manager should have at least two years in an area of specialized social work practice and must be independently licensed or certified by a state to practice at the advanced practice level.
The incumbent coordinates program implementation with multiple clinical services across all campus locations within the VA Health Care System (HCS), including but not limited to: nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapists; and mental health and primary care providers. The incumbent may provide clinical interventions to the Veteran and caregiver populations served by the programs.
Functional Statements: F00221
Work Schedule: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- This position is covered by locality-based comparability pay.
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will recommend the grade and salary for new appointments. For internal selectees being promoted, the board will determine grade and HR will determine step in accordance with policy
- Narrative responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) will be required from the selectee in order to proceed with the appointment.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50, (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (Competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555002200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.