1/14/2020: Announcement amended to extend the closing date until Friday, January 24, 2020. Those who previously applied will continue to receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
1/27/2020: Announcement extended to extend the closing date until Friday, February 7, 2020. Those who previously applied will continue to receive consideration.
2/7/2020: Announcement extended to extend the closing date until Friday, February 14, 2020. Those who previously applied will continue to receive consideration.
The HR Specialist (ER/LR) positions are physically located within the Strategic Business Unit at the Alexandria VA Medical Center.
This position is part of a Strategic Business Unit within VISN 16. The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential Human Resource (HR) functions and services to the Network level.
As a HR Specialist (ER/LR) for employee/labor relations, assigned to the Strategic Business Unit, you will be responsible for providing quality customer and consultative service and expert technical advice and assistance to management officials related to employee and labor relations programs. The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance, information, and assistance to management and senior leadership officials on sensitive, serious, and controversial employee relations issues regarding employees in a wide variety of occupations, including Title 5 General Schedule (GS) and Wage Grade (WG), professional and non-professional, and Title/Hybrid Title 38.
- Assisting in the analysis of union and management proposals during impact and implementation bargaining.rs)
- Managing reasonable suspicion drug testing program.
- Assault response.
- Conducting probationary/trial period terminations/removals.
- Participating in face to face meetings - grievance meetings, oral replies, etc.
- Presenting briefings and/or training sessions to management pertaining to ER/LR topics (e.g. performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Responding to inquiries and procedures for disciplinary actions, grievances, and appeals concerning timeliness, documentation, and other requirements.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: HR Specialist (ER/LR)/PD99976A
Relocation Incentives: May be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554867600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.