You will serve as a MECHANICAL ENGINEER in the Temporary Services/ Steam Plant Cleanliness Branch (Code 269) of NORFOLK NAVAL SHIPYARD.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide engineering guidance and leadership with comparative freedom from supervision.
- You will direct and coordinate the efforts of assigned personnel in the performance of system analysis, design services
- You will direct and coordinate the efforts of assigned personnel in the development and issuing of engineering plans and calculations that are technically accurate.
- You will review existing Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs) and equipment technical manuals
- You will review ship?s system diagrams and NAVSEA instructions to identify systems required to be steam plant clean
- You will provide waterfront support during execution of temporary services systems installation, removal, modification and repair, and loss of steam plant cleanliness evaluation and recovery
- You will participate in audits and surveillances, develop training, and serve as Steam Plant Coordinator
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554838500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.