The Office of Science Deputy Director for Regulatory Management serves as one of two Deputies to the Director, Office of Science. The incumbent shares responsibility with the Office of Science Director and Deputy Director for Regulatory Science in supervising Office of Science staff. In the absence or inaccessibility of the Office of Science Director, the incumbent serves as a primary advisor to the Center Director on matters pertaining to tobacco science and research.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a principal advisor to the Center Director, in the absence of the Office of Science Director, on tobacco-related science and research matters which impact Center policy, direction, and long-range program goals.
- Provides executive leadership and managerial direction to professional, technical, and support staff engaged in a variety of substantive activities related to tobacco science programs.
- Provides recommendations on public health policies based on scientific merit, soundness of reasoning, relative priorities, availability of resources, and anticipated results.
- Meets with program managers from the FDA offices to discuss present and emerging issues of major impact and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to establish a recommended course of action necessary to address the issues.
- Provides information about Office of Science activities and policies to Congress, including expert advice on scientific matters related to existing and proposed policies, programs, regulations, proposed legislation, and legislative strategy.
- Responsible for reviewing the Office of Science organizational structure and delegations of authority to subordinates in the Office in order to implement delegations of authority to maintain the most efficient operations.
- Represents the Office, Center, and FDA on committees and at professional meetings, both national and international, making commitments, suggestions and recommendations concerning programs and policies related to tobacco science.
- Directs the personnel actions, career development, and employee counseling associated with the supervisory responsibilities for Office staff.
- Reviews and evaluates the operating policies and procedures for the PMTA and MRTPA application review programs to assure consistency and modifies the operating policies and procedures in order to obtain the most efficient and effective operations.
- Oversees the Office IT program to address short- and long-term priorities needed to meet the needs of Office staff.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on tobacco IT applications, systems, and tools, such as other CTP offices, OIMT, and tobacco product manufacturers.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel, you may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554835600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.