The purpose of this position is to serve as the Regional subject matter expert on tribal affairs as they relate to the effective implementation and operation of FNS programs. The incumbent contributes to and supports collaboration across the FNS programs to develop recommendations for Regional senior level leadership on the direction, goals, and objectives of FNS programs implemented by tribes or tribal organizations.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews and provides expert analysis of the statutes, regulations and policies that impact the health and nutrition systems serving American Indians and Alaska Natives to determine the impact on program operations and management.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for tribal issues related to this constituency as they relate to FNS. Proactively anticipates, identifies and evaluates constituency concerns.
- Researches and analyzes information and develops recommendations to implement strategic initiatives, partnerships and outreach initiatives that address the concerns and needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Participates in and may lead formal management evaluation reviews of tribal organizations operating FNS programs.
- Works with review team to develop written reports of findings and recommendations, negotiates corrective action, and conduct post-review evaluation of corrective action.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with key national and regional organizations representing the health interests of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Develops and maintains a documented network of contacts within tribal organizations and other constituent-based groups.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554436100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.