Serves as legal assistant responsible for directly and independently supporting Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAs) by providing a wide variety of technical assistance services. The work requires a specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of legal assistance activities in conjunction with a knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and an ability to apply these skills to increase the effectiveness of the assigned AUSA.Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels; - proofreading and cite checking legal briefs, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation by conducting non-complex research of litigation, statutes, regulations and court cases; - assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations;
- producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures under 20-NDCA-10662664-DE.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554366700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.