About the Position: This is a permanent position with Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works located at the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) building, 441 G. Street, NW, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
- Serves as Senior policy reviewer responsible for the review of feasibility reports and other decision documents that the Director of Civil Works, DCG-CEO, Chief of Engineers and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) (ASA (CW)) may request.
- Serves as Senior policy reviewer provides objective and independent evaluations of federal water resources projects.
- Reviews controversial and/or complex federal water resources projects.
- Conducts individual policy compliance assessment of decision documents. Formulates opinions of outside sources and makes and provides written recommendations.
- As the senior reviewer, provides leadership and direction to assessment team members regarding the interrelationships of plan formulation, policy, economics, real estate, cost sharing, and environmental assessments
- This position requires frequent and direct interaction with the staff of the MSC and District Commanders, Headquarters elements and the Assistant Secretary of Army (Civil Works)
- Assists in the development and presentation of information planning documents, particularly those dealing with navigation, flood control, environmental restoration and other Civil Works projects
- Maintains data on status of scheduled pre-authorization decision documents.
- Briefs Chief, Planning and Policy Division and staff to address and provide resolution to complex policy issues.
- Monitors the Civil Works policy compliance process to ensure procedures are in place to conform with establish policy.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required 15% of the time to defend, negotiate, influence and convince key stakeholders to accept or adopt Civil Works policies for development and implementation.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554298800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.