The Deputy Director for National Engagement and Regional Administration provides leadership and oversight in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to implement FAA program policies, goals, and objectives for the nine (9) FAA regional offices located across the country.Learn more about this agency
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Participating fully with the Executive Director in directing the staff and operations of the Office of National Engagement and Regional Administration, and in the Executive Director's absence, assuming complete responsibility for all aspects of those functions. This includes the responsibility for providing advice to the Asst. Administrator for Policy, International Affairs & Environment on the coordination, and implementation of policy to meet short and long-range goals and priorities throughout the FAA; Formulating strategies that integrate strategic plans, actions, and responsibilities for execution in the field, such as critical airport capacity projects, environmental and sustainability programs, and aircraft noise initiatives.
- Overseeing and managing the regional administrators within each region to ensure their senior leadership cadres are successful in implementation of national aviation objectives at the regional level.
- Coordinating and directing regional community engagement efforts for prominent, and often highly contested, aircraft noise issues. Standardizing and aligning headquarters actions and messaging for regional staff interaction with government officials, aviation stakeholders, and the general public to obtain consistency and focus of effort.
- Representing the Executive Director and FAA, as directed, in meetings and working groups with public and private sector agencies and officials on matters concerning aviation policy, planning, and development. Provides Regional Administrators with relevant information and policy guidance for community and stakeholder engagement.
- Assisting the Executive Director in leading FAA Regional Emergency Transportation Coordination, including development of emergency transportation and preparedness plans and coordination with other DOT, FEMA, and federal, state, and local organizations.
- Responsible for the efficient management and safeguarding of resources and assures internal controls meet agency standards.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554016400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.