In this detail/temporary position you will, perform a variety of assignments related to implementation and oversight of Country of Origin Labeling (COOL) and National Bio-engineered Food Disclosure Standard (the Standard) including: coordinating and formulating rule making, policies, and procedures; assisting with oversight of compliance and enforcement activities; and collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders including federal agencies, states, and public and private interests.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes, develops, revises, updates, and amends various subject matter materials to ensure uniform interpretation of the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946, as amended.
- Updates the list of bio-engineered crops annually ensuring consistency with applicable statutes, rules, and regulations. Responds to a variety of related complex questions and issues.
- Prepares quantitative and qualitative reports and develops findings and recommendations for use by FDLD leadership.
- Makes recommendations and determines overall program performance measures. Tracks and monitors data to evaluate various program metrics.
- Conducts research on other factors and conditions that may impact the definition of a bio-engineered food.
- Develops outreach, promotional, and educational materials on COOL and the Standard for distribution to stakeholders, including consumers and industry.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553833600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.