About the Position: Assists Watch Chief in the determinations of requirements and development of crisis action procedures for USSOUTHCOM, and US Army South. This is an obligated position. An "obligated" position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights based on active military service, compensable injury or disability when fully recovered, or return rights based on having served an overseas tour(s).Learn more about this agency
- Supports Operation Center staff during crisis incidents, by monitoring RFI?s and managing data flow, posting to Theater Information Dissemination Environment (TIDE).
- Support the Battle Captain with Data Management (Receive, Analyze, Disseminate, Produce) Operational Information. Conduct Role Call (Action Officers) in preparation of COIC Briefs.
- Assists COP Manager in updating units and operation statuses on maps and charts.
- Responsible for maintaining communications capabilities of all US Army South Emergency Operation Center (EOC) activities ensuring that both primary and alternate means of communications are operational.
- Serves as the communications hub for US Army South and its Direct Reporting Units (DRU).
- Supervises the reporting of all information received providing situational awareness to the command Performs internal and external staff coordination on actions concerning Natural Disasters and Emergency Relief Operations.
- Provides input into the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) J COP Manager to ensure operational requirements are identified and implemented.
- Work closely with USSOUTHCOM Blue Force Tracking Cell to implement the use of the Blue Force Tracking Database Assists Battle Captain with preparing daily Operations Briefs and Commanders Update Briefs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553792700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.