Learn more about this agency
The Administrative Support Specialists will serve under the Administrative Officer of the Engineering Service located at the Oklahoma City VA Health Care System. Incumbent will perform a variety of clerical, administrative and technical duties/responsibilities in support of management with the intent of accomplishing the administrative requirements of the Service; therefore contributing to the efficient and effective accomplishment of the objectives of the overall Engineering Service.
As an Administrative Support Specialist in the Engineering Service, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Incumbent will perform a variety of clerical, administrative and technical duties/responsibilities in support of management with the intent of accomplishing the administrative requirements of the Service; therefore contributing to the efficient and effective accomplishment of the objectives of the overall organization.
- Develop internal administrative standard operating procedures by researching prior publications, regulations, and recommending new policies and/or changes. Receives and reviews regulations, directives and memorandam on administrative functions. Interprets such material and determines the extent to which the organization is affected and advises operating officials.
- Prepare correspondence covering subject of an administrative nature, both internal and external. Maintains control of action correspondence; performs follow-up action to ensure timely reply/action. Receives and logs outgoing correspondence, reviewing it for correct format, punctuation, spelling, grammatical accuracy, factual correctness, enclosures, dates, signatures, complete addresses, etc. Respond, personally, to non-technical, but substantive, requests for information involving directorate programs and functions, project assignments, internal procedures and relationships, and current work status.
- Review administrative program guidance, policies and procedures from higher authority to determine effect on assigned mission. Formulates and recommends changes in administrative policies/procedures with a view toward obtaining maximum effectiveness in the coordination and control of recurring reports. Assists in resolving administrative problems by researching office files, historical data, etc.; withdrawing material for use in preparation of typed material and/or furnishes administrative advice on the adequacy and feasibility of proposals and recommendations.
- Maintain a continual accumulation of all types of data for use in preparation of a variety of reports. Compiles and prepares a wide variety of continuing or one-time special statistical and narrative reports from records maintained. Identifies and recommends performance indicators/goals such as performance awards, leave, equal employment opportunity, suggestions, value engineering, etc.
- Conduct investigations in support of Reports of Survey. Provide assistance in developing statistical data and special reports, compiling/preparing drafts and finalizing technical papers and/or similar instructional materials in support of program specialties.
- Effectively enhances the ability of the office to support overall mission requirements through developing methods for automating administrative data collection requirements and reports considering the interrelationships of reports and multiple uses of data.
- Determine the best software type for each requirement (such as database or spreadsheet). Determine data categories to be established, sorting and calculating functions to be performed, and procedures for entering and retrieving data. Use graphics software to provide charts, and graphs for view graphs or paper presentations for briefings.
- Coordinates with staff administrative officer on personnel management matters and with other staff.
- organizations on various administrative activities to obtain information for accomplishment of own assignments or to provide to others.
- Provide staff advisory service in administrative areas to operating officials and/or clerical support. Discusses and evaluates alternate approaches and solutions to problems and assists management in reaching decisions, particularly in the areas of overtime controls, leave, security matters and employee and public relations matters. Takes action on all administrative matters and recommends action where policy change is indicated.
- Operates an electronic typewriter, microcomputer, or personal computer terminal, to prepare a variety of narrative and tabular material (e.g., correspondence, reports, technical papers, charts, statistical tables, manuals, travel orders, messages and other documents) involving the common terminology of the unit for which the work is done and requiring accuracy in spelling, grammar, and syllabication.
- Operate related peripheral equipment such a printers and modems as required. Uses software and printers to create, copy, and edit, e.g., make insertions or deletions or move material from one place to another; store; retrieve; and print a variety of standardized documents using a glossary of pre-recorded formats, form letters, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Support Assistant (OA)/PD635-1154-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553735400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.