This position is located in the Office of Budget, Finance, and Award Management, Division of Acquisition & Cooperative Support. This organization is responsible for providing comprehensive acquisition and cooperative agreement award leadership; solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of NSF contracts and of complex cooperative agreements for NSF's research facilities, and major centers' programs such as Science Technology Centers (STC's) and Engineering Research Centers (ERC's).Learn more about this agency
Contract Specialists at the National Science Foundation are responsible for preaward and postaward functions involving highly specialized procurements of significance to the agency. Requirements typically involve systems or programs such as:
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts for products and services;
- Develop acquisition and business strategies in support of program objectives;
- Perform detailed analyses of all elements of cost in contractor proposals and make competitive range determinations;
- Conduct pre and post award conferences to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required;
- Plan and coordinate the negotiation strategy, lead the negotiations, and award the contract;
- Perform contract administration to include incremental funding, preparation of rate and cost adjustments, redirection of effort, coordination of time extensions, change orders, and stop work orders;
- Terminate contracts for the convenience of the Government or default by the contractor.
- Attention to Detail
- Control of Funds
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
Occasional travel - As needed to fulfill duties of the position and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553520000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.