This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management, Security Center, Division of Personnel Security and Suitability.
- This position is outside the bargaining unit
- This position requires a Top Secret Clearance
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
*There will be 4 selections from any of the following locations: Washington, DC/ Atlanta, GA/ San Francisco, CA/ Boston, MA/ Chicago, IL/ Philadelphia, PA/ Dallas, TXLearn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a Personnel Security Specialist with the responsibility for performing daily operations associated with developing and implementing the DOL's personnel security and suitability program.
- Performs expert-level personnel work consisting of analysis, technical decisions, and management advisory service functions.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to background investigations for the Department.
- Implements established procedures for suitability and national security background investigations and provides technical advice and recommendations to the supervisor on all OPM and ODNI policies and programs related to the functional area.
- Reviews employment records and conducts interviews when necessary to ensure appropriate access is granted in accordance with position sensitivity.
- Monitors, reviews, and reports, by type and nature, all incidents, including serious incident reports resulting in criminal investigations conducted within and outside of the organization.
- Conducts per-employment suitability checks and monitors post-investigation actionable items.
- Coordinates and updates critical information technology databases and the systems required to support them.
13 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553473200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.