This position is located in the Economic Analysis Division of the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL in pay only.
The first cutoff date for referral of applications is 12/31/2019. After the first cutoff, applicants will be referred until a selection is made or on closing
As a Senior Director and member of the Economic Analysis senior staff, you will have responsibility for the preparation and dissemination of timely, accurate and evidence-based economic guidance including rigorous analysis of microeconomics, cost-benefit analysis, beneficiary analysis, and poverty diagnostics using household level data, in support of MCC program design, decision-making, implementation and evaluation. In addition, you will
- Guide the development and support for a microeconomics 'Community of Practice' around MCC's core analytic tools and work program: elaborating and strengthening the methodology, engaging internally, externally, and with academic and applied professionals in the field of microeconomics.
- Serve as a recognized Agency expert on economic topics relevant to MCC's microeconomic and work, primarily on project cost-benefit analysis and beneficiary analysis.
- Guide and oversee analysis of, inter alia, the relationship between assets and opportunities of the poor, intergenerational poverty transmission, household behavior and the drivers of distributional outcomes of the economy in MCC countries.
- Convene expertise from outside of MCC in support of strengthening methodological rigor, stimulating debate and a deeper understanding among staff of cost-benefit analysis and inter/intra household economic behavior and poverty reduction in MCC countries.
- Support staff learning which include exploring/adopting new analytic tools and approaches to understanding applied microeconomics and estimating economic rates of return (ERRs) ' for projects or activities in client countries.
- Establish and promote cooperation with other donors and stakeholders, coordinates with other donors and researchers as applicable on broader initiatives on applied cost benefit analysis and poverty analysis in development economics.
- Conduct applied microeconomic analysis to inform prioritization of projects and activities in the design of country programs.
- Support the administrative and human resource management functions of the division.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553406100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.