The incumbent primary purpose is to independently manage CDC/s governmental protocol activities, event & logistical planning for agency level leaders, high-level VIP visits & engagements, and administrative activities in an organizational unit at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Learn more about this agency
As an Lead Protocol Specialist you will:
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Lead the team in: identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects and provide or arrange for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
- Serve as coach, facilitator and/or negotiate in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus building activities among team members.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
- Develop projects to identify, review, and analyze complex and highly visible actions.
- Evaluate and manage the CDC Director's responses to inquiries and requests from internal or external partners.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel at least 10% domestic and international for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553393600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.