This position is a Supervisory HR Specialist and also serves as the Deputy Human Resources Chief in the Office of Human Resources (OHR), Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). The incumbent equally shares in the duties, responsibilities and daily operations of OHR with the Chief. The incumbent directs a compressive human resources management program that includes Human Capital, Workforce Planning, enterprise-wide Training, Benefits, Retirements, Classification and Recruitment/Placement.Learn more about this agency
As a GS-15 Supervisory Human Resources Specialist you will:
- Exercise full administrative authority for subordinate employees; administrative authority and oversight of OHR recruitment, discipline, and performance related activities for subordinate supervisors and employees in accomplishing objectives and fulfilling human resource management program demands; provide guidance and make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors, leads, or similar personnel, or by contractors.
- Provide comprehensive human resource management services to BEP's workforce; direct programs and subordinate staff concerned with providing advice and guidance in addition to administering the following human resources management functions: Human Capital, Workforce Planning, enterprise-wide Training, Benefits, Retirements, Classification and Recruitment/Placement.
- Develop and administer innovated human resource management programs tailored to the requirements of a complex, industrial oriented organization with an extremely diverse workforce that encompasses a wide variety of occupations and grade levels; serve as a focal point and change agent for proposed reforms to human resource management programs and processes; develop long-range strategic plans for human resource management re-engineering and innovation.
- Perform technical and operational tasks and actions; direct internal reviews and provide in-depth advisory services concerning the functional areas in the office; coordinate cross-divisional and/or cross- functional actions, including actions with other agencies, non-profits, and private sector organizations; and recommend new initiatives designed to increase effectiveness.
- Serves as BEP Representative on Human Resources management implementation of programs; performing research, interpretation and providing authoritative advice concerning human resource management initiatives, functions and authorities with Department of the Treasury, Office of Personnel Management, other Federal Agencies and private organizations.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553385500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.