The position is in the Office of Information and Resource Management (OIRM), Division of Administrative Services (DAS). The incumbent serves as the technical lead for the Agency and reports to the Personnel Security Officer (PSO). Incumbent is responsible for making suitability security, and fitness eligibility determinations for individuals and retention in sensitive and non-sensitive positions.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Senior Personnel Security Specialist in the Division of Administrative Services and is responsible for the administration of all NSF Personnel Security Programs and directives, and for advising on personnel security and specifications for NSF activities and resources. Specific duties include:
- Assists with the advisement of personnel security policies and related matters, and on the impact of personnel security requirements on organizational missions.
- Responds to correspondence from the PSO to include inter-agency agreements, requests for waivers and deviations, and reviews of written security procedures.
- Ensures responses, incorporates critical analysis of recommended actions, cost feasibility, and risk evaluation.
- Assists with the advisement on procedures for adverse suitability determinations, security clearance determinations, and fitness determinations and employee rights.
- Makes adjudicative determinations for suitability determinations, security clearance determinations, and fitness determinations.
- Maintains current knowledge of laws, executive orders, regulations, court decisions, and other standards related to the personnel security.
- Evaluates the sensitivity determination for all levels of Agency positions, as described by management.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the data entered into the system that is the sole repository for all NSF personnel security information.
- Consults with investigating and adjudicating components of agencies to remain up-to-date and proficient in the knowledge of investigative procedures.
- Assists in representing NSF in personnel security matters, and related projects.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553369400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.