VA Puget Sound (VAPS), located in the Seattle area of Western Washington, is recruiting for a Physician to serve as their Associate Chief of Staff for Education to provide administrative, programmatic and clinical leadership for the medical center. VAPS is an academic, tertiary health care system affiliated with the University of Washington. Staffed by approximately 4300 FTEE, VAPS provides a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art technology, plus education and research.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- A. Customer Service
- Plans the provision of services with a patient centered vision so as to enhance patient education and shared decision making.
- Actively identifies and encourages the implementation of best practices in customer service.
- B. Quality Improvement
- Directs the continuous measurement and improvement of the quality of care provided by the service.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures high quality education through utilization of multiple quality measurement tools.
- Ensures education's ability to meet standards issued by various accrediting and regulatory groups, EPRP, and VACO.
- D. Budget and Fiscal Management
- Responsible for the financial management including budget planning and management for Education and Learning Resources.
- Develops the annual strategic and budget plan for the education program consistent with guidance and goals from the Director's Office and/or Fiscal Service.
- Plans initiatives and develops programs in collaboration with other services in order to ensure coordination of service, reduction of redundancies, and enhancement of cost effectiveness.
- F. Team Building
- Develops a team that is technically competent and understands the interrelationships of all the Medical Center services in achieving the mission.
- Develops a team that is creative in its efforts to build and maintain a cost-effective, integrated health care system.
- Develops collaborative relationships throughout the medical center, including active working relationships with the other service chiefs, in order to assure full support and coordination between the services.
- G. Human Resources Management
- Responsible for assuring appropriate action in such matters as promotions, selections, rewards and recognition, training, and problem resolution as these actions relate to the service.
- Responsible for development and implementation of competencies, providing opportunities for continuing education, peer review, career development and professional enrichment for service employees.
- H. Communications
- Effectively communicates with service employees, patients and their families, employees from other services, stake holders, the triad, and VISN and VACO staff when required.
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
- A. Customer Service
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553348400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.