THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-1910-11 QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1818000 in FAC 22F000 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a HARD TO FILL Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
National Guard employees whose application for this position would result in a change to lower grade will be entitled to pay retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret Air Force Instructions, Technical Orders, engineering drawings, and product specifications.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret Air Force Occupational and Health and environmental standards, public law, and locally developed policy.
- Evaluates and assesses complex systems, subsystems, integrated systems/subsystems, or components for conformance to applicable technical data, engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
- Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes.
- Executes the evaluation program and accumulates data using Inspection and Evaluation techniques such as Task Evaluations, Quality Verification Inspections, Special Inspections, Personnel Evaluations and Management Inspections.
- Monitors and assesses the organization's quality program and elements of the program to gauge compliance with directives and established processes.
- Identifies deficiencies, implements corrective measures, and improves processes to enhance mission effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviews for adequacy and submits engineering disposition requests to the System Program Office (SPO).
- Prepares and reviews Product Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) prior to releasing to the Air Logistics Center (ALC) or Aircraft Sustainment Group.
- Performs exhibit processing oversight by coordinating with ALC and Logistics Readiness Squadron to ensure proper exhibit control and handling.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553335100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.