This position is located in the Telecommunications and Broadband Section, where the incumbent serves as a Secretary, providing administrative and clerical support services related to travel coordination and vouchering; office activities coordination; mail, correspondence, and legal document processing; civilian payroll and personnel liaison functions; and invoice and legal document control.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesAs a Secretary (OA) in the Telecommunications and Broadband Section, responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with the Head Secretary to support attorneys, paralegals, and other staff.
- Making travel arrangements using the E2 travel system for all staff within the Section, as required; preparing and submitting travel authorizations and vouchers; working with Executive Office personnel as needed to ensure compliance with government travel requirements.
- Maintaining adequate inventory and organization of office supplies.
- Coordinating with other personnel as needed to ensure functioning office equipment such as printers and copiers.
- Prepare scanned documents, photocopies, binders, and other materials as requested by staff in the Section.
- Coordinating meetings and conferences through Microsoft Outlook.
- Maintaining official case files, including pleadings, correspondence, memoranda, logs, and transcripts etc.
- Receiving and answering telephone inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
- Coordinating with attorneys to respond to citizen complaints.
- Assisting with trial preparation (i.e., preparing witness dossiers and exhibits, shipping material and supplies to trial sites, filing); communicating and coordinating with local court and U.S. Attorney personnel regarding trial and hearing logistics and resources.
- Preparing legal documentation upon request.
- Providing assistance during trials, as necessary; preparing exhibits (i.e., locating, printing, collating, redacting etc.), exhibit lists and tables of contents, and quality checking binders and electronic folders of exhibits.
- Serving as alternate timekeeper for the Section, ensuring all T&A requirements are fulfilled in the absence of the Head Secretary (i.e., modifying T&A data, sending validation reminders, resetting passwords etc.).
- Reviewing invoices for litigation expenses and working with Executive Office personnel to ensure prompt payment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553220500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.