The Mann-Grandstaff Veteran Affairs Medical Center in Spokane, WA is recruiting for (2) full time Physicians, who are Board Certified/Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with current or previous experience in Emergency/UCC and/or Internal Medicine. The successful candidate will be part of the Acute Care Service team delivering patient-focused, quality care primarily as a Physician in the Urgent Care Center (UCC) and secondarily as a Hospitalist.Learn more about this agency
Primarily as an Urgent Care Physician, you will provide emergent medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, determining need for hospitalization at this facility or transferring the patient to another facility and performing minor procedures such as removal of foreign objects, casting and suturing where indicated. In addition, when staffing needs arise, on the inpatient wards and in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with Tele-ICU Critical Care support.
Secondarily as a Hospitalist (as staffing shortages or workload demands), you will provide care for acutely ill Veterans on our inpatient wards and ICU. Major duties as a Hospitalist include but are not limited to:
- Admission, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, including consultation, of patients presenting with general medical complaints, diseases, and injuries.
- Perform history and physical exams, form a differential diagnosis, order and interpret labs and other diagnostic tests such as plain films and EKGs.
- Develop and implement treatment plans, order subspecialty consultations and provide appropriate follow-up care.
- Supervise and mentor mid-level providers and residents working in the Acute Care Service.
- Work with other specialists and primary care physicians.
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility.
- Completing Peer Reviews as assigned and Professional Practice Evaluation activities.
- Attending monthly Service meetings.
- May need to cover Inpatient Wards and ICU as staffing needs arise or workload demands.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) contingent on funding availability. Participation in EDRP is contingent on the availability of EDRP funding and is not guaranteed. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information. Please note EDRP is a one-time benefit so if you have already received EDRP in the past you would not be eligible to reapply.
***A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Selected applicants are also eligible for up to $15,000 annual lump sum in pay for performance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553174300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.