This position is located at the Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula Fire Sciences Laboratory, in Missoula, Montana.
This employee writes literature reviews and syntheses of scientific publications for publication in the Fire Effects Information System and orders and analyzes scientific literature for a literature collection and citation database.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Ilana Abrahamson at
firstname.lastname@example.org 406-329-4831 Learn more about this agency
- Research, plan, and write content for technical scientific materials and products for a variety of audiences.
- Write literature reviews of scientific publications.
- Write technical scientific material related to animal and plant taxonomy, plant community classification and succession, data analysis, fire effects, wildland fuels, and fire regimes.
- Collect and analyze biological and physical science related reference material using standard reference tools and establishes techniques and practices.
- Organize and analyze scientific literature for a literature collection and citation database.
- Determine the usefulness of resource materials for use in science related research projects.
- Summarize and synthesize information into written reports and products with a variety of formats for a variety of audiences.
- Determine and analyze the effect of indexing decisions on the accessibility and usefulness to users of a collection of scientific literature.
- Collect and control data in hardcopy and digital formats from numerous Government, academic, and commercial sources.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel 1-2 times per year to attend professional meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553168300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.