The candidate will serve as the Deputy Regional Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) in Region V under the supervision of the Regional Administrator. As the Deputy Regional Administrator, you will contribute to the mission of the office by assisting the Regional Administrator with the interfacing of different transit needs, environmental issues and the involvement of complex, novel and politically sensitive cases.Learn more about this agency
As a Deputy Regional Administrator, you will:
- Represent and speak for the Regional Administrator in the resolution of policy issues with Federal, State and local officials, representatives of the transit industry, technical associations, interests’ groups and the public.
- Administer the Federal Transit programs, including planning, environmental reviews, design, construction, maintenance and operating assistance, compliance with civil rights requirements including ADA, and grants management and oversight.
- Establish policies and goals for the Region and direct the management of regional resources. Evaluate and support organization, personnel, training, budget formulation and administration, financial management and general administrative services.
- Provide executive direction in the provision of financial and technical assistance to Federal, State and local officials associated with the various FTA programs.
- Direct the development and implementation of the regional strategic and workforce plans.
The ideal candidate is a senior level professional and has experience managing large complex transportation projects with significant knowledge of the transportation industry. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to convey ideas and make recommendations to senior internal and external stakeholders. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and be resilient in high pressure and changing environments.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553162400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.