This position is located in the Veterans Benefits Administration, VA Central Office, Compensation Service, Washington, DC. This position is located in the Training Management Staff.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as primary advisor to the Director of the Training Management Staff on major missions such as the Warrior Training Advancement Course (WARTAC), National Training Curriculum (NTC), TRIP training, and VA Schedule for rating Disabilities (VASRD) Training.
- Supervises a staff of employees responsible for the design, development and delivery of training on a national level. Prioritizes and delegates workload responsibilities and assignments based on directional/mission requirements and allocated resources, and employee skill level.
- Responsible for employee performance management; conducts interviews, makes recommendations for promotions, awards, reassignments etc. Hears and resolves issues/concerns from subordinates; takes minor disciplinary actions and refers serious concerns to the Director of the staff.
- Evaluates the needs of the team, takes appropriate actions to ensure cohesion. Serves as a coach/mentor to employees; recognizes strengths and weaknesses, recommends training and developmental opportunities.
- Represents the Director of the Training Management staff in meetings with Senior leadership; conducts briefings based on studies/program data and makes recommendations. Negotiates on behalf of the Director of the staff and has the authority to make commitments on his/her behalf.
- Recommends innovative programs and new approaches that improve the effectiveness of training. Considers training objectives, program needs and associated costs; VA priorities, and the availability of subject matter experts in formulating recommendations.
- Provides status reports on the progress of the training-related initiatives and establishes goals and tracks the progress of those efforts toward meeting established milestones. Ensures the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work product/services.
- Identifies training needs for field personnel; utilizes data from identified by the Quality Assurance staff through technical reviews and issues uncovered during site visits. Also ensures training needs identified from VBA leadership, Regional Office (RO) leadership and non-leadership RO employees are addressed.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of national training initiatives. This includes setting up national training sites, conducting surveys, selecting and coordinating instructors, and assigning students, in conjunction with other VBA staff elements. This also includes the creating and maintaining a national computer student-training database.
- Designs and develops training programs centered around the disability compensation program. Researches industry standard approaches and incorporates into the development; utilizes appropriate digital media sources to ensure successful delivery. Establishes timelines and requirements for content; ensures the quality of training curriculum.
- Plans coordinates, and executes national centralized training efforts. Establishes training sites, organizes training plans, selects accompanying instructors/course managers.
- Coordinates with VBA leadership in Office of Field Operations, Regional Offices, and the Office of Talent Management, as well as the Department of Defense in identifying and assigning employees to attend centralized training sessions.
- Conducts site visits to training locations and military installations to meet with leadership and observe and assess training operations, performance and quality.
Work Schedule:7:30am to 4:00pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/ PD#Supervisory Program Analyst PD # 38370A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Relocation Authorized Description: Relocation Expenses Are Approved for this position. "The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553111800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.