WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
This is a collateral duty assignment with no promotion potential, change to your current permanent position description of record, or post of duty.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A REVENUE AGENT, ON-THE-JOB INSTRUCTOR (OJI) DO? As an On-the-Job Instructor you will be responsible for delivering the instruction/training to individuals from within your organization. As an OJI, you will use your technical expertise and years of experience to plan and conduct training on basic and/or advanced areas of tax law, procedures, policies, techniques, or other specialized fields unique to your position/occupation. As an OJI you will be called upon to share knowledge and expertise with employees within your unit/organization in a one to one environment. You will perform these duties as a collateral duty assignment, with no change to your current position description or post of duty. As an OJI, you have the extraordinary opportunity of sharing your expertise and knowledge with others, while at the same time serving in a role that is of tremendous benefit to the Service as a whole!
As a Revenue Agent On-the Job Instructor (OJI) you will:
- Perform your regular duties and direct work, either phones and/or paper during non-training times. During the training assignment, if the OJI member is not actively involved in the essential OJI duties, he/she will return to direct work activities when not preparing, instructing, coaching and/or facilitating.
- Coordinate as appropriate in delivering OJI instruction/training materials.
- Analyze, write and review course material. Develop, plan, schedule, coordinate, and/or present basic, advanced, or specialized training material or instruction as assigned. Teach and/or provide instruction in recruit, basic, advanced, and specialized courses and technical knowledge, counsel others during the progress of the OJI to assist with problems and provide special guidance.
- Coordinate with others who may be assigned on either a full time or part time basis for recruit, basic or advanced training as required. Assure that instructors or other coaches are informed of any changes in course or technical subject matter. Coordinate as appropriate on methods, techniques, training aids, and trainee management relative to assigned training or technical areas.
- May also provide specialized OJI training to other OJI instructors, if appropriate.
- Ensure familiarity with course materials, illustrative material, case studies, technical materials and OJI assignments accordingly. Ensure consistency in technical interpretation of regulations and their application. Recommend changes in emphasis, adjustment in the division of time spent in, discussion, workshop, or other elements of OJI training activities; also recommends necessary changes in other training needs and/or identified in OJI observation.
- Evaluate and/or recommend whether trainees or others should be retained and/or need additional instruction; in addition, evaluates trainees’ OJI progress and/or conduct.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - 25% or less - Travel locally and/or overnight approximately 1-5 days/nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553057800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.