The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. The TAS mission is to assist taxpayers in resolving their problems with the IRS (Case Advocacy), and to identify and propose administrative and legislative solutions to mitigate those problems (Systemic Advocacy).
See Additional Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A REVENUE AGENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? As a Revenue Agent Technical Advisor you will work individually and collaboratively with team members to identify, assist, and resolve systemic problems affecting numerous taxpayers nationwide. You will coordinate and plan an analysis of Most Serious Problems identified by the National Taxpayer Advocate and contribute to the analysis and writing of those issues in reports. You will review internal documents and offer suggestions to ensure that taxpayers’ rights are protected and that they are not unduly burdened by proposed procedures. You will support the mission of TAS by working on special projects to assist SA leadership in carrying out their duties.
As a Revenue Agent Technical Advisor you will:
- Exercise significant and continuing authority in planning, directing, and coordinating the resolution of systemic issues impacting multiple taxpayers and issues impacting taxpayer burden or taxpayer rights.
- Participate with the executive in formulating new or revised policies for high-level service wide programs providing administratively authoritative recommendations on matters related to the formulation and implementation of service wide program initiatives.
- Develop management objectives, strategies, actions, and critical success factors and consolidates final strategic business plans for the organization.
- Establish and coordinate special agency studies requiring analysis and evaluation of existing or impromptu problems of office functions as needed.
- Develop conclusions, recommendations, and proposals for executive approval, decision, review, or other consideration from sources internal or external to the area.
- Represent National Taxpayer Advocate on a number of high level cross-functional task forces and researches technical issues to determine and apply tax law as requested by reviewers of the Systemic Advocacy Management System (SAMS) submissions.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553046400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.