This position is established at a Forest Service Regional Office to serve as a training and workforce program specialist and technical advisor to the Regional Director or Deputy Regional Director for Fire and Aviation Management.
This position is located in the Southern Region, Region 8 Deputy Regional Forester State & Private Forestry, in Atlanta, GA.
For additional information contact Dave Martin at 706-949-4610; email@example.com or Donna Haywood at 404-347-7229;
firstname.lastname@example.orgLearn more about this agency
- Is responsible for evaluating the Region's multi resource fire management training needs.
- Is responsible for oversight of the Region's participation in higher education development programs.
- Leads or works on technical groups to identify new needs in fire and aviation management workforce development.
- Provides oversight for the scheduling and coordination of mid-level aviation, fire prevention, fire suppression, fuels management, and fire management courses that are beyond the capability of Forest units.
- Establishes program priorities and determines what program areas or major projects should be initiated, dropped, or modified.
- Conducts surveys and interacts with Washington Office Fire and Aviation, Regional Fire Management Officers, Forest Fire Management Officers, as well as non-fire staff at the WO, Regional Office, and Forest levels to determine Agency-wide priorities.
- Coordinates the development of annual program of work and budget proposals to support regional training and workforce development programs.
- Coordinates the annual reporting of the program accomplishments.
- Represents the Region at national planning sessions involving course development, specifications and criteria for Fire, Fuels, and Aviation Management.
- Assists in the development of specific training sessions/materials to satisfy training requirements.
50% or less - The incumbent will be expected to travel in excess of 25% of the time while in the position to provide support to all Forests, state cooperators and interagency partners within the Region as well as supporting the national training programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553044800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.