This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) National Agricultural Library (NAL), in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Program Leader for the Nutrition and Food Safety Program, and in that role is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating program requirements, activities, and functions of NAL's specialized information centers in nutrition and food safety.
- Interact effectively with a wide range of individuals representing widely divergent and sometimes conflicting point of views.
- Negotiate, collaborate, and form partnerships and customer relations with federal, non-federal, national and international partners in order to further the aims of the program and attract external resources.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with management to establish and implement recommendations.
- Knowledge of data collection, evaluation, and analysis methods to synthesize user input and apply it to the conceptualization, planning and evaluation of information programs, products, and services.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct staff work.
- Skill in interpreting broad general legislative and regulatory policy guidance to determine their effects on FNIC, Nutrition.gov and FSRIO budgets and activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553026800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.