This position is located in the Office of the Director, Office of Legislative and Public Affairs. The Office of Legislative and Public Affairs develops information programs that communicate the mission, goals, policies, and accomplishments of the National Science Foundation in science and engineering research and education to specialized audiences, including Congress, other Federal agencies, state and local governments, research and education communities, the news media and the general public.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs assignments and program responsibilities with intimate knowledge of views, plans, and interests of the Head, Office of Legislative and Public Affairs. The employee is a supervisor and is responsible for administrative and technical staff members and administrative supervision. Duties include:
- Planning and assigning work, evaluating performance, providing advice/guidance, performing hiring functions, resolving complaints, performing disciplinary actions, when necessary, identifying training needs and increasing productivity.
- Serving as the primary advisor to senior Office officials on human capital issues.
- Developing the OLPA portion of the NSF human capital plan and annual report.
- Developing and monitoring consistent practices across OLPA Branches.
- Coordinating with external offices on Human Resource/Human Capital (HR/HC) initiatives; and obtaining support on HR topics as needed.
- Determining Agency Operations and Awards Management (AOAM) allocations for travel, training and performance bonuses, in conformance with applicable regulations.
- Overseeing the Office’s financial operations, including participating in the budget formulation process, allocating funds to branches, tracking and oversight of funds.
- Performing continual analysis and oversight of financial resources.
- Ensuring Office Communication and Coordination; serving as the primary Office POC; and the Office liaison.
- Responsible for Contract Administration including: researching contract options, initiating and coordinating contracts actions through BFA; and monitors these agreements for compliance and appropriate contract administration.
- Overseeing expenditure of funds within contracts; validating work accomplishments in SOW; coordinating with COTRs and project managers related to contracts.
- Responsible for furthering the goals of equal employment opportunities (EEO) by taking positive steps to assure the accomplishment of affirmative action objectives and by adhering to nondiscriminatory employee practices about race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- Strategic Leadership
- Human Capital Management
- Financial/Budget Operations
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553015900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.