These positions are with the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics within multiple offices located in Washington D.C. BLS is the principal federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy.
This announcement may be used to fill like additional positions.
These positions are inside the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Performing entry-level duties in support of methodological research, data analysis, and assuring the quality and technical adequacy of data.
- Summarizing from primary or secondary sources in tabular, chart, or narrative form. Selecting and organizing materials and information from a variety of sources and preparing brief summaries of findings according to predefined instructions. Preparing preliminary interpretative reports or portions of reports following precise instructions.
- Preparing routine correspondence in response to requests for readily identifiable data or other information.
- May answer a variety of telephone and written inquires.
- Applying a basic knowledge of computer capabilities and configurations in working with time series analysis; completing routine aspects of research requiring the use of a computer. For special requests, researches data files and other sources for input in summary analyses.
- Gathering data on economic factors; making comparisons of economic data; preparing narrative reports of findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Performing duties in support of methodological research, data analysis, and assuring the quality and technical adequacy of data.
- Locating and tabulating data for use as part of input into larger studies.
- Selecting, organizing, and evaluating materials and information from a variety of sources pertaining to employment and/or unemployment statistics.
- Preparing segments of recurring special studies and articles.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the need for an employee promoted to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552999000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.