WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENTDIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A PROGRAM EVALUATION AND RISK ANALYST DO? As a Program Evaluation and Risk Analyst you will be responsible for researching and analyzing the Internal Revenue Manual, and other documentation to identify business functionality and make recommendations to change procedures when discrepancies are identified. Advise and assist Performance Tracking management on changes, formulation and implementation of policies for programs, processes and initiatives. Identify program risks and trends. Prepare, execute, revise and monitor operational policies. Review, analyze, and edit requests affecting resource allocation or division programs for accuracy of technical treatment, format, adequacy of supporting justifications and conformance with regulatory guidelines. You will also write business rules and requirements based on your research and analysis. You will work with subject matter experts (SMEs) from the business units to validate and verify the business rules and requirements you have written. As an analyst you will be responsible for documenting the business processes assigned, which includes a complete business process model identifying each process, data requirements, dependencies, and their integration with the overall business process.
As a Program Evaluation and Risk Analyst you will:
- Advise and assist top level management on changes to and formulation and implementation of policies for programs, processes, and initiatives to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of agency strategies and nation-wide operations.
- Identify business, technological, and financial risks within ongoing programs and opportunities directly and indirectly involved in meeting established agency goals and objectives, and serves as a consultant or top consultant on an analytical team to help prepare, execute, revise, and monitor management policies.
- Lead technicians or plans, conducts, and completes policy and management analyses of complex issues and operations to provide senior executives with accurate and timely data, policy options, and recommendations and works with them to develop and implement policy changes that will help them carry out their strategic thinking and decision making responsibilities.
- Facilitate and lead the best selection and use or uses information technology hardware and software to gather and interpret data and prepare reports, spreadsheets, flow charts, policy statements, actions plans, milestones, and illustrated presentations for delivery to key strategic leaders.
- Serve primarily as the project leader on a number of teams that collaboratively or serves as project leader and member on a number of teams plan, develop, complete, and deliver work under stringent deadlines and towards the group’s objectives
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552993000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.