You will serve as an ENGINEER/SCIENTIST TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE to the PROGRAM EXECUTIVE OFFICE, SUBMARINES (PEO SUB) and the UNDERSEA WARFARE DIRECTORATE (SEA07) via the Field Team (Code 0CA) in the of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will be required to serve long-term temporary duty located on-site at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC.
- You will serve as a technical representative and liaison to Team Sub, providing acquisition, Science and Technology (S and T) and technical support, insights, and guidance.
- You will provide Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport insight into Team Sub priorities, efforts, and support needs. You will actively participate in weekly PEO SUB and USW CTO status meetings.
- You will participate in Team Sub Tactical Submarine Evolution Plan (TSEP) activities (such as the TSEP and Submarine Concept Team meetings), and will assist with providing relevant technology information from NUWC Subject Matter Experts.
- You will support submarine payload integration by helping to identify technology and infrastructure capability gaps and potential solutions.
- You will provide technical insights and analysis to support development of the USW CTO Science and Technology Strategic Guidance, Science and Technology Objectives (STOs), and Science and Technology Portfolio Health Assessment.
- You will interface with external organizations, such as Office of Naval Research, to request and review Science and Technology portfolio information.
- You will support the development and assessment of PEO SUB Technology Roadmaps to achieve the capabilities reflected in the TSEP and corresponding requirements.
- You will support the transition of capabilities, systems, and technologies from Research and Development (R and D) initiatives to Team Sub program offices.
- You will participate in SUB 073 Rand D Working Groups and communicate with Naval Undersea Warfare Center Subject Matter Experts to assist with Research and Development planning.
- You will communicate with Undersea War-fighting Doctrine Command (UWDC) to understand Submarine Tactical Requirements Group (STRG) products.
- You will represent USW CTO on the Transition Advisory Board (TAB) Working Group (WG) meetings.
- You will inform Team Sub executive leadership of requirements and assist with identifying of potential solutions addressing needs.
- You will actively communicate with the TAB WG representatives (OPNAV N97, COMSUBFOR, and UWDC) on TAB issues such as the annual endorsement of ONR candidate Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) topics.
- You will support the USW CTO task responsibilities identified in the TAB USW Rapid Innovation Process, which include Science and Technology Portfolio and Repository knowledge management.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552972300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.