WHAT IS THE OFFICE OF PROCUREMENT DIVISION? The Office of Procurement provides acquisition services for all Business Units of the IRS and other Bureaus and Offices within Treasury. Our goal as business advisers and partners is to help create agile, innovative contract solutions to ensure the IRS can meet its mission of effective tax administration.
Learn more about this agency
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT IS THE SENIOR MANAGER READINESS PROGRAM (SMRP)? The Senior Manager Readiness Program offers the opportunity for well qualified individuals to received structured professional leadership development and experience. During the twelve (12) month training and development program, all attendees will be assigned a coach, complete Career Learning Plans, and attend leadership-training classes. In addition, candidates will receive at least one developmental acting assignment and participate in a variety of developmental activities. The goal is to prepare you to compete for future senior manager positions. As a senior manager, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate managers and employees. In this role, you will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of managers and employees, evaluating work performance, and in performing all other functions related to this level position. Generally, as a Senior Manager, you are a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position, and are responsible for the overall effective operation of a program.
As a Senior Manager Readiness Program Candidate you will:
- Remain in your current position and post of duty.
- Participate in a twelve (12) month training and development program that may include a developmental acting assignment and a variety of developmental activities.
- Possibly be required to complete details or developmental assignments in a geographic location(s) outside of your current post of duty.
While on Acting Assignments you may:
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level clearance of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi year and longer range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the work directed.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
- Exercise discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organizations budget.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552901100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.