This position is located in the Operations and Security Branch, Office of Management, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH). The mission of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences is to discover how the environment affects people in order to promote healthier lives.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as Chief of the Operations and Security Branch, reporting to the Deputy Executive Officer with the following responsibilities.
- Directs, oversees and implements policy, procedure, budgeting, management, and operations for programs.
- Assist leadership in strategic planning and decision making.
- Develop guidelines to implement regulations or methods for the measurement and improvement of effectiveness, productivity and management of operating programs.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate regulations and policies relevant to the operations and management of administrative programs.
- Provide guidance on physical security and emergency management policy, regulations and space management.
- Provide technical and administrative guidance on objectives, policies, procedures, problem resolution and coordination of administrative activities.
- Advise on the administrative and management implications of policy and program proposals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552887700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.