This position is located in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance (DTCC). Provides subject matter expertise and regulatory policy recommendations and direction to DDTC offices, as well as supervision, guidance and leadership for DTCC staff.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.Learn more about this agency
- Supports the Director of DTCC to oversee and guide a DTCC subdivision performing a variety of activities and special projects related to compliance with the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Advising office, directorate, and Bureau leadership and law enforcement agencies about foreign policy issues and national security implications of administrative AECA/ITAR compliance investigations and criminal enforcement activities.
- Manages administrative compliance cases, enforcement procedures, and investigations, as well as recommending corrective actions and remedies to improve compliance.
- Engages in law enforcement to exchange information on potential AECA/ITAR violations. Oversees office support to criminal investigations and prosecutions conducted by law enforcement agencies throughout the country.
- Interprets and apply legislative and regulatory material to make decisions and recommendations of general and specific applicability concerning AECA/ITAR compliance.
Occasional travel - Travel up to 15% is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552875400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.