This vacancy announcement has been extended. Applicant(s) who previously applied do not need to re-apply. However, he/she must assure your application materials supports the qualification requirements of this position to receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
Employee will serve as a Statistician located within the Research and Development (R&D) Service of the Veterans Healthcare Administration in San Francisco, CA. Employee will perform Statistician duties under the direction of the Principal Investigator as part of R&D studies. Duties will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Examines and applies data manipulation techniques in conjunction with various statistical methods to analyze very large clinical data sets.
- Plans, researches, and implements various methods for data standardization, cleaning and aggregate modeling, for collecting and tabulating data.
- Works with healthcare data including hospitalization, outpatient visits, diagnoses, procedures, pharmacy benefits, and large free text fields.
- Analyzes findings, evaluates statistical limitations of data, and specifies the range of logically possible explanations.
- Conducts univariate and multivariate regression modeling, including logistic, multinomial, and competing risks survival analysis.
- Uses a wide variety of statistical analysis and data mining software programs extensively and seamlessly to perform the statistician duties in support of healthcare research, such as SAS and Stata, ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) Database tools, Cox Regression, standalone and SAS SQL.
- Attends conferences to expand on knowledge of data modeling techniques and to share statistical techniques and data solutions in presentations.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 13 months). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4 year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552864900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.