This position is part of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board, Office of Administration. The incumbent will provide the Chairperson, Board Members, and staff with comprehensive executive support, guidance, and assistance for a wide range of administrative, managerial, and programmatic issues or requirements, and in turn, to directly facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the office on a continuing basis.Learn more about this agency
GS-9, developmental level duties:
- Serves as the primary focal point to review and initial off on travel orders and vouchers, ensuring they are completed and in compliance with federal travel regulations prior to submission for final signature.
- Identifies difficulties and potential roadblocks to meeting deadlines and recommends courses of action to overcome these problems. Coordinates the assignment of a wide range of projects and actions within the Office.
- Utilizes computer hardware and software applications to execute program support functions.
- Prepares special documentation as directed by the Chairperson and Board Members on various program subjects. Establishes and maintains necessary contacts, facilities document preparation, and internal review processes, and assures that materials are logical, complete, and appropriate for the subject and intended audience.
- Analyzes priority program and/or management action items within the Office of the Board and assumes responsibility to complete actions or recommends and/or makes determinations for assigning responsibility to staff within the Office. Briefs the Director of Administration/Chairperson daily on the status of workload actions.
- Conducts detailed analysis of work processes using database systems, spreadsheet applications, and the internet.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552819500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.