The position supervises the Water Rights Branch (WRB) within the Water Resources Division (WRD). The incumbent serves as the Water Rights Branch Chief providing leadership for the Water Rights Program and directs day-to-day operations of a professional staff that informs policy, and develops legal and technical strategies to protect water and water-dependent resource values Service-wide.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent also serves as a member of the WRD Management Group assisting and supporting the WRD Chief, and identifying and supporting the broader water resources needs of the National Park Service.
- Administer and manage the Branch, including supervision of a staff approximately 10-15 professional/technical employees.
- Plan, assign, prioritize, and review work; develop budget initiatives; evaluate performance; interviews, and recommends candidates for positions and recommends personnel actions for promotions and reassignments; effects disciplinary actions; provide continuing education and professional development opportunities; and performs other supervisory functions.
- Provide guidance and leadership, promoting a productive team environment, fostering collaboration between Branch and Division employees and Directorate, park and regional staff.
- Develop national policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to the quantification and protection of National Park Service water resources and water rights.
- Direct development of scientific and technical evidence by staff and contractors, including the U.S. Geological Survey, other federal agencies, state agencies, consultants, or universities.
- Serve as an authoritative source of expertise on acquisition, beneficial use, quantification, monitoring, reporting, and enforcement of water rights Service-wide.
- Support the Division Chief in managing the broader goals of the division and in meeting the broader water resource needs of the National Park Service.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the WRD Management Group supporting division programs and fostering collaborative opportunities across the Division, Directorate and Service.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 7 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552803800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.