You will serve as a Deputy Human Resources Officer at the FLEET HRO PORTSMOUTH NAVAL SHIPYARD. You will manage a subordinate workforce through subordinate supervisors; who themselves oversee various combinations of divisions and teams of human resources specialists and support personnel. You will provide oversight of all civilian personnel advisory services.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide personnel services for over 6,250 Navy civilian appropriated fund employees located at a large, complex, military installation.
- You will exercise delegated personnel management authority for all major Human Resources (HR) functions including Recruiting/Staffing, Employee/Labor Relations, Workforce Development, Classification/OWCP and HR Information Systems.
- You will be responsible for planning, developing and administering an effective civilian human resources program for a highly diverse workforce.
- You will provide managerial oversight of personnel and services performed at FLTHRO Portsmouth.
- You will serve as an advisor to senior level managers, commanders, and staff personnel, providing guidance and assistance in all areas of personnel management.
- You will work closely with commanders and Senior staff members, providing advice on recruitment and placement strategies, position management, labor relations and other related personnel matters.
- You will participate in all major planning decisions involving Mission requirements and their impact on the civilian workforce.
- You will keep abreast of employee satisfaction and morale; analyzes other work force trend and changes in civilian personnel matters; and advises the DCHR, serviced commanders or managers of potential future problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552768400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.