The incumbent serves as the Director of the Resource Management Division within the Science MissionLearn more about this agency
Directorate (SMD), reporting to the Deputy Associate Administrator for Management. The incumbent is
responsible for providing guidance, direction, focus, and evaluation of policy development, strategic
planning, and support to the development, advocacy, and execution of the Science Mission Directorate's
annual budget of approximately $7 billion.
- Supports the SMD Associate Administrator in determining and presenting the SMD program to NASA<br>top management, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Congress, and other agencies and<br>organizations as appropriate.
- Provides evaluation and assessment support of all SMD program and project budget requirements and<br>activities required to implement and execute the SMD annual budget of approximately $7 billion.
- Directs the evaluation and assessment of all SMD program and project budget requirements.
- Manages the development of documentation presented to the OMB and to Congress for justifying and<br>advocating the entire SMD program.
- Evaluates the financial performance of all SMD programs and projects including rates of fund utilization,<br>distribution of civil service and contractor staffing, and analysis of variances to established plans.
- Serves as principle liaison between SMD and the Office of the Chief Financial Officer on budget policies,<br>systems, procedures, and issues.
- Reviews and make recommendations on proposed Headquarters institutional resources needed to<br>implement the SMD program.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552748600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.