WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A QUALITY REVIEW SPECIALIST DO? As a Quality Review Specialist you will be responsible for reviewing and assessing product line services and monitoring calls and reviewing closed case work to assess the accuracy and completion of the service provided to the taxpayer. The specialist provides technical assessment of the call or work reviewed by rating key attributes developed by the Embedded Quality Core team such as customer accuracy, procedural accuracy, customer satisfaction, timeliness and regulatory adherence. The incumbent will participate in problem identification, and issue resolution evaluating quality review data using data collection and analysis to make recommendations for improvement.
As a Quality Review Specialist you will:
- Develop/assist in formulating propose changes to current processes; prepare documents, technical material, and other guidance to implement procedures.
- Review legislative and program proposals/changes to determine impact on the call site.
- Evaluate current procedures and propose appropriate action, which may include policy revisions.
- Use quality monitoring information, as well as local diagnostic reports, to assess quality and to identify trends affecting quality, which may indicate training needs, procedural problems or other areas needing emphasis.
- Develops and prepares written or oral reports summarizing activities, identifying quality problem areas and recommending solutions for improvements.
- Monitor and review customer inquiries via contact recording or remote monitoring on the various product lines within operations.
- Review records input to the NQRS (National Quality Review System).
- Complete DCIs on the National Quality Review System (NQRS) and/or Embedded Quality Review System (EQRS) based upon the monitoring of customer inquiries on the Account Phones General, Tax Law and/or Identity Theft SPRGs.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552735000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.