This position serves as a Lead Human Resources Specialist for a Employee Relations/Labor Relations (ER/LR) team and provides ER/LR services, support, and guidance to VISN 10 medical center management and staff.Learn more about this agency
- Leads the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload
- Prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and coordinates preparation and communication of information to supervisor when required
- Communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, program issues under review and deadlines and timeframes for completion, ensure that goals and objectives are met for recruitment and placement
- Gives on the job training and trains team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects and provide or arrange for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks
- Coach the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods
and techniques, provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assist the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution
- Resolve simple, informal complaints of employees and refer others, such as formal grievances and appeals, to the supervisor or an appropriate management official
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday. 8:00 am-4:30 pm (Upon approval, a set tour of duty may begin and end between the hours of 6:00 am and 5:30 pm)
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Lead Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations/Labor Relations)/PD910440
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552722200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.