The incumbent serves as a recognized expert and advisor in the application of statistical and data science applications for complex surveys, in particular, National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) data analysis and dissemination.Learn more about this agency
As an Statistician (Data Scientist) you will:
- Serve as a recognized expert and advisor in the application of statistical and data science applications for complex surveys, in particular, National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) data analysis and dissemination.
- Support and advise on a number of high-level activities related to surveillance and public health data and the practice of data science at CDC.
- Apply expertise in the development, compilation, evaluation, analysis, visualization, and interpretation of data relating to CDC's overall public health surveillance capabilities.
- Serves as a consultant and collaborator representing NCHS at the national and international level in the identification of data science projects and the design, implementation, and analysis of complex survey data for public health surveillance applications.
- Conduct research and analyses designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, visualizing, and reporting on emerging and ongoing public health issues and problems.
- Prepare reports and manuscripts describing findings and makes presentations to professional associations and other organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552714600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.