WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT ANALYST DO? You will plan, and perform the most significant types of managerial assignments encompassing the entire program and functional areas often requiring the integration of cross-functional areas. You will serve as the authority and senior spokesperson to all managerial levels on complex and novel issues requiring knowledge of new or proposed legislation and comprehensive knowledge of tax administration processes in order to disseminate internal and external impact on the Business Unit and its stakeholders.
As a Management Analyst, you will:
GRADE 15 DUTIES:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define overall program goals and objectives.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Validate recommendations of needed resources with managers of various components of the Service.
- Establish a system to review, control, and monitor on critical program deliverables.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; review agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers or executives advised of program progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining adequate processes for review of work products and projects to assure technical and administrative completeness and accuracy.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552706700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.