PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
Serves as a Human Resources Specialist in the Training and Organizational Development Branch, Human Capital Division, Office of Management, in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service. The incumbent performs administrative, evaluative, and/or technical work concerning human resources employee development and training of government employees.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Human Resource Development)(Training & Organizational Development Specialist), you will:
- Conduct training and need assessments for positions with relatively difficult to understand work processes or with fairly specialized skills, e.g., technical, professional, managerial, or administrative, for substantial segments of employee development functions(s) of moderate size, e.g., Service-wide Training Fund, supervisory and managerial development, technical training, or equivalent programs.
- Independently develop solutions to plan for training needs based on the mission and costs for organizational or functional segments of the employee development program for technical, professional, administrative, managerial or similar occupations. Determine equipment, manpower, facilities and other resources needed for training purposes. Solution may include contractor provided training which entails course modification to meet specific program needs. Evaluate training effectiveness in meeting the identified needs.
- Advise employees, supervisors, and managers on employee development program policies, processes, regulatory requirements and procedures. This includes answering inquiries about training opportunities, availability, and eligibility along with guidance on preparing and processing SF-182’s, learning management system registrations and on-line courses.
- Develop and/or administer one or more major functional segments of the employee development program that include supervisory and management training, professional training, technical training, new employee orientation, and other special developmental programs. Program administration responsibilities range from arranging training through follow-up action on training received, regulatory review of training requests, formulation of Individual Development Plans, and/or formulation of organizational training plans.
- Review and provide recommendations and comments for proposed legislative and/or Treasury regulations for development or modifications relating to employee development programs and initiatives.
Occasional travel - -
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552583500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.