The Office of People Analytics is an operational component within DHRA and is designated to serve in direct analytic support to the military Services and the Office of the Secretary of Defense to conduct comprehensive analysis on how policy or environmental changes affect the performance or composition of the workforce. OPA provides the go-to expertise for scientific assessments, data analytics, and outreach, to improve the lives of the DoD community.Learn more about this agency
As a SURVEY STATISTICIAN at the GS-1530-13/14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Supports the design of an innovative new approach to conducting surveys within the DoD by applying social and behavioral science expertise to the design of a complex "smart" survey. The conceptual framework for this effort has been partially developed, but the strategic and practical execution will be led and managed by this person.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) advisor and leader in planning, organizing, and directing the "smart survey" effort, with an emphasis on survey response rates, outreach and usability, in coordination with other members of the OPA leadership team, OPA government staff, and OPA contractor staff as appropriate.
- Provides expert consultation to OPA leadership and research analysts by developing and sharing the appropriate uses and limitations of the newly developed survey technique to inform decisions regarding future survey planning, content, statistical analysis, and reporting of survey results.
- Consults on survey administration platforms, survey software tools, sampling and weighting techniques, measurement of constructs, pretesting, designing experiments, analysis techniques, and survey results reporting at varying levels of aggregation (e.g., unit level, installation level, total Service, total DoD).
- Maintains thorough documentation of survey and analysis procedures supporting the new survey approach, ensuring that newly developed practices are reliable, defensible, and replicable. Facilitates and supports external expert review of newly developed survey procedures.
- Provides regular updates as well as formal technical briefings to leadership within OPA and throughout the Department.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552575500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.