About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the ST-APF-W1E8AA USA INTELLIGENCE CTR/FORT HUACHUCA.Learn more about this agency
- Stay current on developments in information technology used to improve library sciences.
- Provide acquired state-of-the-art research tools and materials for current and new academic requirements.
- Evaluate the need to upgrade or obtain new automated data processing (ADP) resources to improve information management functions.
- Demonstrate the use of Open Source Information (OSIF) resources in reference to military intelligence.
- Deliver sophisticated search strategies for complex online queries in reference to worldwide military intelligence.
- Maintain awareness of current and up-and-coming collections of resources needed to supply academic requirements.
- Ensure innovated research and information services are available to support the needs of the organization.
- Develop long-range plans and policy, programs and activities of the library.
- Maintain professional awareness of state-of-the-art developments in librarianship.
- Formulates budget estimates, providing for anticipated changes in library requirements.
- Manage the library program by planning and executing the budget.
- Identify the needs of and provide training and development to employees.
- Estimate budgetary requirements for library program needs such as personnel, materials, equipment, and training.
- Plan work of subordinates to accomplish the needs of the mission.
Occasional travel - May be required to perform Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552557100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.